Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Never again

I am not a baker. I freely admit this. In fact, I cringe whenever the kids want to make cookies. I'll cook, and it will turn out decent, but for some reason my baking skills are quite lacking. I wonder if I would have payed more attention in Chemistry if that would have helped. Anyway, there is a science to baking, and I certainly don't understand it. I'm sorry if you were ever on the receiving end of my chocolate chip cookies. They were supposed to be a thank you...not a means to make you dead. Anyway, I came across these yummy looking chocolate chip cookies on Pinterest (I'll admit to being addicted...I think Pinterest is the greatest thing since sliced bread). Caden wanted to make cookies today and so I thought I'd give them a try. Well, I will tell you one thing...I am never going back to making regular chocolate chip cookies again. Cake mix cookies are the way to go. I've never had nice looking chocolate chip cookies. They taste okay, but they look horrible. These accomplished both goals. In fact, I'm so proud of them that I'm blogging about it..because I'm cool like that :) You should definitely try them sometime. If I hadn't just run out of cake mix I would totally make you some. It was sooo easy...and let's face it...I love easy things! Try them...you may like them (If I were super cool, I would quote Dr. Seuss right here...you know the part I'm talking about...it's in Green Eggs and Ham...go read it...it's an excellent book). And don't mind my photograph...trust me..they look good!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

What flavor of cake mix do you use with them (I briefly looked at the link, but it didn't appear to specify). They are quite pretty. And, as long as you used milk chocolate chips instead of the semi sweet the recipe called for, they probably taste good too. ;)

Chelle said...

Hmmm... wonder if I could make those without ruining them... Might be worth a try. :)

michelle said...

Love it now that my girls are old enough to make their own chocolate chip cookies and I get to eat them!

Anna Wilson said...

I love cake mix cookies! We make homemade oreos with them. I don't think chemistry would help, besides it made us believe we were blowing up flour that one day. hahaha:)

Tarah said...

Anna,
I totally forgot about that! Hahahaha. Oh, that was sooo funny! Yes, we were soo smart. Good times..good times.

Unknown said...

Well those look simply divine. :) I love me some home-made cookies.