Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Day of School

I was waiting on this post to put pictures up, but blogger hate me right now, or my slow connection, so no pictures. And if your wondering why I'm posting this at 4:30 in the morning, I'd love to know to. I can't sleep because I'm sick and so I figured instead of keeping Dan up I might as well get up and do something. Something productive? No, I'm looking at blogs...but I'm not wearing my glasses and can't see a thing...sigh.
Two Mondays ago was Kember's first day of school, and boy was she excited. No tears, no "mom stay with me", no nothing. I will admit to missing her and even wondering if she was okay. Dan kept looking at me funny and telling me she was fine (he gets weirded out when any type of "Mother Tenderness" shows up because it just isn't common). She did really well, and I wish I could tell you what she did, but I have no idea because if you ask her she just says that she "played with my friends". Well, at least she's making friends. What are their names? Who knows...I don't think Kember does. Wouldn't it be great if we were all like that? Not picky at all, just play with anyone.
The next day she rode the bus for the first time. I was really worried about this and not sure how she would do, but she charged right on even before the other kids got off (she's in the afternoon session). Dan had to physically remove her and tell her to wait her turn. Again, no "mom come with me", no tears, no hesitation. She just hopped right on and asked the bus attendant where her seat was. It's really cute, they have booster seat thingys and five point harnesses.
She gets really tired since school is during when she used to nap, but I think this is going to work out really well for our family. Here are some pictures of her first two days.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kember isn't old enough to be going to kindergarten is she? I thought she was the same age as Lily. Glad to hear that she is doing well with the adjustment.

Unknown said...

Well, I can't wait to see the pictures. I'm glad that she is enjoying it so much. :)
Sorry you're sick too. I hope you feel better soon.
And when did you guys get internet again? I'm so happy you have it. :)

Loni said...

Yeah! What's this internet at 4:30 in the morning?

That is so cute of Kember. I believe she has cut the apron strings, not that she was tied very tight, but she must be very mature. Also cute that she would ask which seat is hers. How many seats does this bus have? How many classes are there and are all the kids on the bus in hers?

So now you have reached the worry mom syndrome? I love it.

michelle said...

Does she go every afternoon or just a couple of times a week? I know my kids were always tired those first couple of days of school trying to get into the routine.

Catherine said...

Sounds like fun. I dread the day that Madilyn is hold enough for that. I am not ready!!!

Andrea said...

I'm glad she enjoys it so much! Enjoy your time with just Caden (and the bun in the oven).

Beth said...

Blogger hated me too, I finally got it to work when I did one picture at a time, it took forever, but it gave me a good excuse to keep reading everyone else's blog.

Manndi said...

Kids in school? really? It seems like it should still be a long ways off... :) Glad it all went well and that you are surviving your sleepless nights.