I wasn’t tagged, but I got this from Amy’s blog and I’ve been thinking a lot about high school ever since women’s conference, so I thought I’d do it too.
1. Did you date someone from your High School? You would think this would be a simple yes or no answer, and technically yes I did, but I don’t think we ever called it “dating”, or called each other boyfriend/girlfriend. Silly how you think that makes a difference doesn’t it? Anyway, I learned a whole bunch about myself through this experience. Learning it actually took a good long time, but there you go…I was never the quickest person around.
2. What kind of car did you drive? Umm…I went to school with my mom, or I hitched a ride with my friends who had cars. Sue’s yellow bug, Michelle’s blue Nissan, Julena’s mini-van (rock on), Liz & Emily’s car, James’ truck, Matt’s car…etc. I was really good at bumming a ride off people.
3. What was the most embarrassing moment of High School for you? You know…I can’t think of one. That’s kind of sad and pathetic. I’m sure there were plenty. They must have been so bad I’ve blocked them out.
4. Were you a party animal? Hahahaha…ummm, no.
5. Were you considered a flirt? I believe I was once told that I “flirted with anything male that moved.” Ouch. Ya, still can’t figure that one out. I thought I was just being friendly, but apparently not. Flirting remains a mystery to me still.
6. Were you in Band, Orchestra, or Choir? Choir.
7. Were you a nerd? Ya, weren’t you? I was totally a nerd, and proud of it.
8. Were you on any Varsity teams? Nope…let’s just say I’m athletically challenged.
9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled? Goodness no. I was a goody-two shoes/teacher’s pet. Except for Ms. Carlile…she didn’t like me, I was a terror for her. Ehh, what can you do?
10. Can you still sing the fight song? I thought I could, but I’m drawing a blank. I need a tune…but one line went “wasps pep nere lack” ya, it’s a little hard to say.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? Ms. Turnblom…let’s see, what did she teach? 10th grade honors English, and I guess the only other classes I had from her were Encore my 11th and 12th grade years. She was truly awesome, and one of those teachers that change your life. Hmmm, I also enjoyed Mr. Felsch who taught honor’s biology…boy, was that my freshman year? I think so..and Mrs. Southerlin who taught AP English. I don’t know that I would say she was my favorite…but she was a good teacher and I did like/learn a lot from her.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? My senior year I ate where all the cool kids ate…in the chemistry room of course. Looking back that might not have been the most hygienic thing to do.
13. What was your school's full name? Wasatch High School.
14. School mascot? Wasp. Don’t knock it, have you ever been bit by one, or chased by one? Hey, it will get you running.
15. Did you go to Homecoming? Yep. Junior year I went with Matt, and I think Senior year I was at a drama competition so all of us had homecoming there (theater people, it was weird, don’t ask…fun, but weird).
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Interesting…no, I don’t think so. Do I have my regrets? Yes. But like I said earlier, I learned a lot from them, and I’m still learning from them. I would have changed some things had I known what I know now, but I really don’t think I’d do it again.
17. What do you remember about Graduation Day? We held graduation outside, and it had to be finished before the Middle School got out mid-day, so at least it wasn’t a three hour production in a hot stuffy gym.
18. Where did you go Senior Skip Day? The school “senior sluff day” was organized by the school and we went to Lagoon.
19. Were you in any clubs? Yep, lots of them.
20. Have you gained some weight since then? Hahahaha…yep. But considering I’m pregnant with my third kid right now, we are going to ignore this question.
21. Who was your Prom Date? My Junior year it was Michel Knight, and my senior year it was Robert Lacey.
22. 10 year Reunion? Are you planning on going? If I get invited and if I’m closer than I am currently living. I didn’t get invited to my 5th year, and I’ll admit, I’m a little bitter…it’s not like I’m hard to find. My mom and dad haven’t moved and my mom still sees most people at her job. Granted, I couldn’t have gone anyway, but still….And as unfair as it is, Michel, I blame you for not getting me an invite. J
23. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Stop being so self-absorbed. You had good friends who could have used a good friend back your senior year if you weren’t so focused on yourself. You probably would have saved yourself a lot of heartache too.
As for tagging someone, if you went to my high school and you read my blog, consider yourself tagged.