Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Turkey anyone?

This should be something I’m too embarrassed to post, but hey, when you take the picture, why not share?
Awhile a go I decided that I would make a schedule so I wouldn’t feel so overwhelmed with cleaning, etc. Monday is laundry day, Tuesday is finish up laundry day (heheh) and it was also labeled as baking day. Well, this was the result.
Isn’t it beautiful. Doesn’t it look like a turkey? Should it look like that? Well, no…bread normally doesn’t look like a turkey. I really can make bread, I promise. I grew up making it. My mom would have us make 8 loaves every week. Granted, we switched off between the kids, but I had plenty of turns and I made good looking bread plenty of times. This just wasn’t one of those times. I used my breadmachine to mix the dough since I don’t have anything sturdy enough and I thought, oh, I can get two loaves out of this. Well, after I separated it into two loaves, I thought, oh, I can’t get two. So I tried to smoosh it back together..apparently it didn’t smoosh so well, and I could have got two loaves. It rose so high in the oven that it burned itself on the top heating element. Oops.
Well, here are some pictures of different bread I made that turned out better. It looks really grainy on top because it is “crunchy” wheat and honey bread. Yes, I think it’s supposed to look like that…I think.
Needless to say, I haven’t had a baking day since.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm very glad you told me about your new post, because I wondered why my blog roll had you down at the bottom.

And, thank you for pointing out my typo. I really know the game is shoot not shot. :)

Fun post-it does look like a turkey in the top picture.