Thursday, January 6, 2011

I've come to a decision

Well, two decisions actually. The first, I've decided that I'm horrible at blogging and probably won't get any better. I've learned to accept this..you should too (dad). Second, and the reason for this post, I've decided that four kids is over my limit for outings to the store. It's just too many to take at the ages they are. Mind you, it is doable. The baby obviously isn't any trouble...she sleeps in her car seat. But lugging that thing around while I'm chasing Cole everywhere isn't on the top of my "Fun Things To Do" list. The older kids, while they are loud and excited to see everything, are generally obedient and pretty good in a store. Cole however is crazy. And trying to coupon on top of that is just not something that I wish to do anymore. Three kids at the store is my limit I've decided. Three was not a problem. Four, it's just not fun anymore and that is my final decision.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I can barely manage a store outing with two - forget about trying to coupon - so kudos to you for doing it successfully with three! Just wait til Dan gets home, then you can go shopping with just you. :)

Liz B said...

When I'm shopping at 10:00 p.m., I'll think of you... I decided a long time ago that shopping is only really successful when it is done without children.

Loni said...

I go shopping alone most of the time. Dragging Joe around the store just ends up costing us more money.

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

I was just thinking how overwhelming it was going to be for me to take Kherrington and and new baby to a doctors appointment. It freaked me out TOTALLY! So I think you are just fine to say I'm not shopping with 4!!! Your awesome Tarah!!

michelle said...

they always say 3 is the number to feel out of control, but it was 4 for me...then after that you are just used to being crazy!!!:))))

Ma & Pa J. said...

Loni, you make me laugh and I totally agree with you! Tarah, I have never experienced what you are experiencing and I don't know how you shop with any kids AT ALL!

Andrea said...

So, are you saying that you are giving up blogging and couponing? I still haven't found that dishwasher detergent. Hopefully someone will have it today.