Monday, April 2, 2012

New Blog Post

I know, I know...it's been a couple months. And we've done things that should have been blogged, but life happens, and blogging doesn't. And this blog post isn't about much of anything, but I'm reading this book called, "Same Kind of Different As Me" and I really like part of it and wanted to keep the quote, but didn't know where to put it...so I decided to blog it :) So mom and Andrea, this blogs for you!

This book is about a homeless man that was a "modern day" slave, and a rich man. They are having coffee at a Starbucks and the homeless man, Denver, sees Ron's key chain filled with keys and he asks, "I know it ain't none of my business, but does you own somethin that each one of them keys fits?"

I glanced at the keys; there were about ten of them. "I suppose," I replied, not really ever having thought about it.

"Are you sure you own them, or does they own you?"

That wisdom stuck to my brain like duct tape. The more I thought about it, the more I became convinced we'd enjoy life a whole lot more if we owned a whole lot less.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget me! This blog's for me too, right? :)

Andrea said...

Yay, a post! Great thought too.

Unknown said...

That is beautiful. You should blog those thoughts more;)

michelle said...

Very true

Loni said...

After all it is just stuff and you can't take stuff with you so why not gather the real items that you can take?
Thanks for the blog.