Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Year of the Rabbit

I hope you are all enjoying this year of the Rabbit. Dan and I thought it would be fun to celebrate the Chinese New Year on the 3rd of this month. These are the invites I sent out (with stuff blacked out...of course)
It was a lot of fun. Dan made coconut shrimp (which I don't know if it was good or not because I didn't eat any) and I made orange chicken. Dan also made fried rice.
Here are some of our friends that came. The ones I got a picture of anyway. Like my little lanterns in the background? A little cheesy, but there you have it. We ate with chopsticks, wore red and/or gold for luck and opened our fortune cookies that I had fun making. They didn't work out so well, but they were fun to try to make. Then we went downstairs and as a joke I suggested we play Dance Dance Revolution. And that is what we ended up playing. It was really funny to watch everyone play it. Dan and I discovered that according to our astrology we aren 't compatible. I'm a boar and I'm not really compatible with many other types.
It was a lot of fun, and I hope we make a tradition of celebrating the Chinese New Year every year. Maybe next time it would be more authentic, but for this time it was a lot of fun. Any excuse to party, eh?

7 comments:

Kate Clayton said...

The Johnson's always know how to have a good time. No wonder we miss you guys so much!

Crystal said...

I have a great recipe for fortune cookies. Labor intensive though. Let me know if you want it. (Fb or comment on my blog cause I'll forget to check back here.)

Andrea said...

You are so much fun. I'm sad we don't live closer.

Unknown said...

You guys do so much fun stuff. I want to be like you when I grow up.

Did you know your astrology sign changed about a month or so ago? Yeah, we're no longer Tauruses ('s? whatever.) To which I say "whatever!"

Loni said...

I didn't know you could make those things. Way to make things happen.
Naive me wants to know why you blocked something out on the invite.
How many people attended?

michelle said...

Traditions are the best!!!!!

Becky said...

Awe, Tarah...you're not a bore, look what super cute and fun parties you throw! ;)