Thursday, August 25, 2011

1st day of First Grade



Today was the big big big day! Yeah! School Started again! Kember was pretty excited to start the first grade. She had a rough time sleeping last night, and I'm blaming it on pre-school jitters. She was very excited to bring a lunch (although, she isn't excited anymore...now she wants to eat school lunch...sigh). She was a little worried about finding the lunch room and getting on the bus. I have to admit, that part surprised me. I went with her to the bus stop this morning, and when it was time to get on it took a little prodding to convince her to go. Last time she rode a bus she jumped on before the other people were able to get off. I think she's okay with it now though. She didn't tell me much of what happened at school, but hopefully she will be more verbal tomorrow. She did tell me that her table was the quietest so they got 6 stars. When they get 15 they get to get a prize in the cafeteria. Hopefully she will make friends soon. I was hoping someone on the bus stop would be in her class, but no go there. Maybe we will meet some new neighbors soon that she can play with.I realize this isn't the most flattering picture, but I didn't want to hold everyone up while she posed for me, so this is what you get.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you did her hair in those pictures. Very cute. Here's hoping she will make friends soon and that she won't bug you to eat nasty school lunch every day. If it's as nasty as it is here, anyway. Who knows, maybe up there they actually still cook real food, instead of microwaving junk.

Andrea said...

Man, she's got the cutest sweater ever. ;)

Love that middle picture. Glad things went well.

Kate Clayton said...

She is so cute. When did she get so big? Crazy!

Loni said...

No cooking allowed. The food is all trucked in. Or so I understand.

Go Kember. Hope you get over the shys soon. Took me until high school though.

worth reading said...

Crazy, Kember is a first grader?! -- and I laughed when I read... "maybe she will be more verbal tomorrow" -- Seth wont tell me a thing! (It drives me crazy).