Monday, February 4, 2008

Poor Caden

I want my little man back. My happy little guy who just smiled and giggled and laughed and thought everything was funny. My little guy who ate everything, and then asked for more. Where did he go, and who replaced him with this little man who is now a picky eater and will only eat fruit so he still has really bad diaper rash because of this stupid yeast infection? Why won't this infection go away? Poor guy...he has diaper rash because he has diarrhea, and the diarrhea doesn't help his diaper rash. I can't get rid of the yeast infection because every time (and I'm not exaggerating...every time) I put the nystatin (medicine) on, he poops, and I have to wipe it off to clean him. I'm trying to think of food that will harden his poop and all I've come up with is apples and bran muffins. We are going to go another round on the medicine, and then if that doesn't work we are taking him back to the doctor. I should probably take him in now, but when Kember has this (which time? oh, all of them) I kept taking her in telling them that it wasn't working and they kept having me do the same stuff. So, I guess I'll keep cleaning the poop off the floor (I let him run around naked to help dry him out for the yeast infection), holding him down forcefully to change his diaper, and take three baths a day to make him feel better. At least Kember likes the baths.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

So sorry!

Does bran help harden? I was thinking it made one looser.

Good luck with all of it. I hope he gets feeling much better very soon.

Trista said...

Aw man...poor guy (and poor Tarah!). And I agree, I thought both apples and bran added fiber and therefore made it easier to poop. The foods that come to my mind are bananas and cheese (and milk). Hope it gets better...

Oh, and P.S.--about Brooklyn knowing some of her colors? Pfft..that is SO not me, I can take no credit! She loves to learn colors, letters, numbers...and I just finally catch on and say, 'oh, you know those? Guess I should help you learn some more...' lol.

You are doing such a great job--keep up the awesome work!!!

Tu Cute said...

I am so sorry Tarah....I'm sure your little man will be back soon. I agree..Fiber makes it easier to poop. cheese was the first thing I thought of.

Unknown said...

Hugs to you both! I've heard that bananas are good for that sort of thing too but don't quote me on it. I've definitely heard that cheese can work.

Anonymous said...

I know that if our kids used to be on antibiotics it would kill all the bacteria in their system and they would get diahrea. They would tell us to feed them lots of yogurt to firm up. Make sure it has live cultures (there's another word for it that I can't remember). I hope he gets feeling better soon. Bananas and cheese seem like good answers too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tarah,

It's Erica Anderson...your not so far neighbor at Northwood. Lilly has the EXACT SAME THING right now. It's nasty. I'm going to go get some medicated cream for her little bum today. I think I probably changed 10-15 diapers yesterday. All that crap put me in a bad mood to say the least. I'm hoping this passes soon.