Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thankful #3

Today I am thankful for where I live. I don't think I ever expected to enjoy St. George as much as I do. For example....today as I was cutting the boys' hair outside around 3ish, I realized that I was barefoot, and the kids were in short sleeves. It's November. Isn't that great?! I mean, sure during the summer it gets really really hot, but it is perfect right now. Not only do I enjoy the weather, but I enjoy where I live. I have great neighbors. Just today, for example, my neighbor brought in our garbage can. He does this almost every week. And he does it for everyone in our circle. And a few weeks ago when I was mowing my lawn I killed my lawn mower (long story, but the mower died) and my next door neighbor finished one side of my lawn for me. And she would have finished the whole lawn, but she had an electric mower and her cord didn't reach any further, and our outlets went out when I killed the mower. So, another neighbor comes by and mows the rest of it! The same neighbor that finished goes around and edges everyone's yard, and has been known to weed-eat ours. I love it!
I feel like I live in a small town, but there are what...four or five high schools here and a college? I feel safe and secure like I would in a small town, but I have the convenience of having stores very close by. And we live relatively close to family. Sure, we would like to live a little closer, but it definitely closer than we were living up in Pullman!
How blessed we are to live here in this time of our lives!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have fond feelings for St. George. This is why I prefer to cross state lines to run my errands rather than head down to the pit south of me. :) It's also a huge bonus that you guys are there.

Loni said...

Love it! We look forward to visiting, but always enjoy coming home. Small towns do that to you I think.

miquelle and cody said...

Way to go on the thankful posts! Our blog is private now and I don't have an email address for you.....