Monday, November 1, 2010

Thankful thought #1

So, I'm hoping to write something I'm thankful for every day until Thanksgiving. We will see how long I actually keep this up, but for right now, I'm doing good ;)

Today, I'm thankful for FHE. For a lot of different reasons, but here is the main one. I kind of lost it today. I'll admit. I was angry and upset, and I yelled at my children. They were "cleaning" downstairs, which always makes me grumpy because they don't clean, they play, but I was determined today to be nice and not get upset...until I saw that they had gotten into all my craft stuff and strewn it every where. Grrrr, and they know they aren't supposed to touch my stuff...They know this!!! Anyway...I lost it. Big time. I got a big box (two actually) and chucked all their toys that were on the floor and told them they were gone and mommies. This didn't make them happy, and all was crazy. Course, after my rampage I realized that I was going to be a nice mommy. Oops. So, for FHE we sat down and talked about our feelings and why we were sad and upset and what we should do. I apologize, and they said they would clean things up. So, we will all work on it. And then we all went outside to play soccer and tag and we were all very happy. But the point is, the church has ordained this program to help us strengthen our families, and if we actually use the program, it will help. So, I'm thankful for that. Hopefully tomorrow I can be thankful that I didn't loose it :)

4 comments:

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

I so agree with you Tarah. Only with Kherrington I feel like I loose it totally at time, but it's nice to have some family time just set aside to strengthen those relationships, regardless of what happened throughout the day.

Andrea said...

I'm looking forward to these posts!

Loni said...

I'm thankful that you want to do a daily thankful blog. Way to go. We all need to do that and maybe read them all on Thanksgiving Day.

Unknown said...

Good job on having FHE. I know how important it is, but the week goes by and I haven't done it yet again. Sigh. I need to channel some of your goodness and just do it!