Sunday, April 27, 2008

A tribute to the Johnson Livestock Oak Ranch

For Sping Break we went to Utah, and we were lucky enough to go the the Ranch. I took loads of pictures, and I just thought I would like to share the beauty of it with all of you. So, here is my tribute (in pictures) to the Johnson Livestock Oak Ranch.

Now, I'm not entirely sure...but I think this was once a grainery.

This is inside what I think is the grainery. Isn't it funny how the bed is there? I'm not sure how it got there. Maybe the boys were playing house and dragged it in there from somewhere, or maybe the guy who built this place got in trouble with his wife and had to sleep out there...who knows...but wouldn't it be cool to know?

There are all sorts of old old old farm macherinery all around the Ranch. It is really cool to go walking around and find something like this. Kember thought it made a very nice place to sit down.
I didn't get a great picture of it, and definietly not at the right time of year, but this is the orchard at the Ranch. I know for sure they have peach trees, but I'm not sure what else. During the Spring and Summer this is beautiful.

This is an outhouse. It's probably makes you wonder about me, but this is one of my favorite things at the ranch. I think I like it so much because it reminds me of the history that had to go on way before my time. Can you imagine using an outhouse (now, I realize it wasn't all that long ago so no one take offense okay)? It definitely makes me thankful for indoor plumbing.

I just thought this was beautiful. There is a little ditch or something running, well, everywhere, and I guess it was just cold enough to do this. Amazing! No, those are not flowers...that is ice.
This is a little tree house the guys (and when I say guys I mean Dan, his brother and all their guy cousins) built when they were little. Kember didn't enjoy it so much, but I enjoy thinking about Dan when he was little and playing at the Ranch.

Now, this isn't the greatest picture, but if you look closely you can see a pasture on the left, the horse corral on the right and the ranch house in the center. There's a lot of history behind that ranch house. I didn't get a picture of it, but further off to the left (if my directions are correct, and they might not be) is an old old chicken coop. I tell you, it is the coolest thing ever. If you ever get a chance to explore it, I recommend it.

Well, anyway, I wish I would have thought about doing this before we came home. There are a lot of neat things I just don't have pictures of, and each season brings its own beauty to the ranch. These pictures definitely don't do it justice.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Brought back some memories of our reunion there. I love Kember's boots too! And that ice picture is awesome. And I know I already said it but "Happy Birthday!"

michelle said...

Wow, you really did a blog entry!!! THANKS. I enjoy looking at it and reading the funny subtitles to go with it:)

Andrea said...

Very nice pictures (and commentary). Those are cute pictures of Kember and her grandma.

Loni said...

Great Blog! Great pictures! and we miss you.

Anonymous said...

Those apricot trees are all in blossom right now, unfortunately they will probably get frozen. You always seem to get my best side, Tarah! Just kidding. I love the way you make the ranch sound like such a great place to be. Mom J.