Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 2 (a day of indecision)

So, I realize this isn't the most modest of pictures, and that some (sorry mom) won't approve...but I must say that I love this picture (even if it doesn't have anything to do with, well, anything). It was taken back in October I think, and it marks a momentous occasion...Kember has learned how to strip fully. I grabbed the camera instead of her diaper. Just thought I'd share this with you :) Kember really doesn't like to wear clothes, and I can't figure out how to get her to leave them on. We were at a friends house yesterday and she stripped twice (leaving the diaper on...this picture is the only time she's taken the diaper off) while we were there. Any suggestions for getting her to leave them on would be welcome, and in the mean time I just keep telling her that we can't go around naked.


This morning I got up earlier than I normally do, and spent a little time with Dan. It was rather nice to see him off in the morning. Maybe with some practice I could become a morning person, but since it isn't a new years resolution, or even really something I really want to work on, I suppose it's just a dream. My kids are sure becoming cuddlely...all this morning Kember just wanted me to hold her. I admit, it's kind of nice because she has never been like that before, but I was so stunned that I kept trying to figure out what was wrong with her. She normally only cuddles when she's sick, and as far as I know she isn't sick. I sure wish she would eat more though. She'll ask for something (normally cereal, but today it was yogurt) and then she won't eat it...and she definitely won't eat something if I make it without consulting her. This is a new thing. She's never eaten a lot, but the last couple days, she hasn't had much of anything. The only guarentees are fishy crackers and candy (not to worry mom, she hasn't had candy in a while, and I offer the green stuff...not that that is working any better than anything else).


Caden is getting more talkative all the time. He's been able to say, "what's that" for a while, and I swear he said "door" and "up" today. Oh, random thought, today in Kembers dance class Caden was dancing too. It was the cutest thing I've ever see. He really likes to sing too (or the hand movements that go with the songs). Kember insists that we sing the usuals (old macdonald or "eio" as she calls it, "ring'a'rosies", "turtle song", "abcs" etc.) and Caden will stop what he's doing and trys to join in. Course, when I say "we sing" it's me singing. Kember know the words and can sing them, but if I suggest that she sings them it's, "no, mommy sing it". Acutally, she says that for just about everything. "no, mommy read it" "no, mommy do it". Yep, I hear those a lot, along with "can't find it" (and did she look for it, nope...it's right in front of her).


I have a primary meeting tomorrow, and I'm really nervous for it. I plan everything out, and it just doesn't go like I plan. I end up being really ditzy when I conduct meetings. Tomorrow I want our presidency to set some goals for the coming year, but I just know that me bringing it up will sound like, "is that okay?" and then it won't be as powerful as I hope it will be. Ah well, Dan said he'd help me prepare (he's way into goal setting and he's a great leader) and I'm sure my prayers for help will be answered. You never know, we might cancel the meeting due to snow. It's snowed on and off all day today, and two of the activities I had planned for this evening were cancelled.


Well, I'm sure that's enough randomness for one night.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

So with you on the leading thing. I am certain I've been coming off ditzy a few times so far (and it's just been over one week). Pray for me too, eh.

Oh, and no words of wisdom on the nakedness thing. Zoie never did that. So glad.

Unknown said...

The only thing I've ever heard for nakedness is to buy the footie pj's, cut off the feet and put them on backwards, so they can't get to the zipper. But that would only work at night, or if you don't mind Kember being in pj's all day. (Which, honestly, I wouldn't mind doing myself...)
As for the eating thing, just keep reminding yourself "This is a phase, this will soon pass" and then hope that's really true. :)

Jessica said...

Just take lots of pictures of her wandering around naked so you can embarrass her with them when she starts dating :)

Unknown said...

I don't have any words of wisdom, not being a mom and all, but I have to say, that's a pretty funny picture. Nice editing/censoring job too!
I'm sure she'll get over her phases someday...maybe when she's 20?!
Tarah, your ditzyness is endearing, and pretty entertaining on occasion. I'm sure you're awesome at leading meetings, etc. so try not to worry too much about it!

Jennie said...

I know my sister's daughter had the same problems with not keeping clothes on, but I don't know what she did, if anything, to help. She did tell me that her daughter now will go into her room find her lingerie and come out with it on. She's even done it in front of her visiting teachers. I think that would be pretty embarrassing. Good luck! If I hear of anything to help, I'll let you know.